[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: REST with XMPP

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon May 11 19:20:41 UTC 2015

On 11 May 2015 at 19:21, XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> wrote:

> Title: REST with XMPP

How is this materially different to XEP-0050?

The reason I ask is because my initial reaction was that the specification
essentially reinvents XEP-0004, but when I considered how it looked once
that change had been made, you then notice that resources are what XEP-0050
calls nodes, and the net result is that this specification becomes XEP-0050
restricted to a single-step form.

Assuming that's fair comment, then I'd be moved to reject this as a
duplication of existing, well-deployed, work - however I'd welcome
clarifications from the author.

Dave.