[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: REST with XMPP

Hund, Johannes johannes.hund at siemens.com
Wed May 27 13:46:45 UTC 2015

+1 on the sketch of Lance

Just a question here:

> To find methods supported by the Resource:
>     <feature var="urn:example:xmpp:rest:post" />
> Discovering parameters of the "post" method for the Resource:
>
> <iq type='get'><post xmlns='urn:example:xmpp:rest' node='/the/resource'
> /></iq>

Is it intentionally not using the method's namespace? Could also be something like

Or of course <post xmlns='urn:example:xmpp:rest:post' />

Which form would be the best practice here?

> Likewise, a new form description schema is provided instead of using
> Dataforms. I do see that there are some special types introduced, but those
> few special cases could be added as an extension to Dataforms instead of a
> full replacement.

This could indeed require some extension of Dataforms e.g. also for structured data etc.
Additionally, ideally some Guidelines or rules how to convert from/to Dataforms from different types of data structure of description e.g. XSD, JSON schema, WADL etc.

-- Johannes