[Standards] Deprecating Privacy Lists

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Tue Oct 6 11:09:34 UTC 2015

I've started a Wiki Page to collect opinions, arguments and possible
solutions at

http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Server_Aided_Communications_Blocking

Feel free to contribute your arguments, opinions and solutions.

My summary so far is that blocking command does not support some use
cases I consider important. Most prominent is the ability to block
stanzas from entities they users is not subscribed to. This is required
in order to prevent an attacker, to which the user is not subscribed,
from draining a mobile users battery by sending stanzas to the users JID.

- Florian