[Standards] Deprecating Privacy Lists

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.me
Mon Oct 12 16:03:52 UTC 2015

On 12 October 2015 at 12:17, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mon, 12 Oct 2015 09:51:28 -0300
> Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.me> wrote:
>
> > What else would you call it?
>
> You can stop bugtracker for your project then. There are only trolls.

I'm happy with people reporting bugs against my open source projects. When
they come back and ask "is it done yet?", then I get mad.

> Someone has to do this.
>
> So XSF created a standardization process and now tells us: someone has
> to do this.

"Has to" in the sense that in order to sustain standardisation, one must
write/edit standards. If you prefer to do something proprietary, then of
course you don't have to comply with the XSF's process. You can't demand
that the XSF does something and then say "but I won't do it myself, YOU
should do it".