[Standards] Presences of Contacts in Search Result

Cramer, E.R. (Eelco) Eelco.Cramer at tno.nl
Mon Oct 19 10:45:36 UTC 2015

For internal contact only you might want to check out:

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0144.html#entities-groupservice <http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0144.html#entities-groupservice>

If you server administrator allows it and you server supports it.

“A group service enables an administrator to centrally define and administer roster groups so that they can be shared among a user population in an organized fashion.”

"If the user has registered with a group service or been otherwise provisioned to use a group service, the receiving application SHOULD process roster item suggestions received from the service. Such processing MAY occur automatically (i.e., without the user's approval of each roster item or batch of roster items) if and only if the receiving application has explicitly informed the user that it will automatically process roster items from the service. Furthermore, the receiving application SHOULD periodically verify automatic processing with the user (e.g., once per session in which the service sends roster item suggestions to the user).”

Hope this helps.