[Standards] Stream Management and BOSH

Christian Schudt christian.schudt at gmx.de
Mon Oct 19 12:23:43 UTC 2015

While BOSH has it's own acknowledgement mechanism, there are still some subtle differences when it comes to resumption:
With resumption you don't need to:
- re-request the roster
- resend presence
- re-establish state information (as mentioned in XEP-0198)

I see performance benefits (less HTTP queries), when you could just resume a BOSH session by means of XEP-0198.

- Christian