[Standards] Deprecating Privacy Lists

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Fri Oct 23 15:38:06 UTC 2015

> Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 3:18 PM
> From: "Kevin Smith" <kevin.smith at isode.com>
> To: "XMPP Standards" <standards at xmpp.org>
> Subject: Re: [Standards] Deprecating Privacy Lists
>
> On 30 Sep 2015, at 09:07, Goffi <goffi at goffi.org> wrote:
> > I think a XEP should not be deprecated if its features are not superseeded by
> > the new one(s).

Agreed

> Just addressing this one point, rather than the wider ‘privacy lists’ issue. I don’t think there’s any need to have a new XEP providing all the features of another before the other can be deprecated.
>
> /K

My fear is that at some point in time, we might lose some features.

By stating this I actually apply that XSF members are irresponsible.

I think that members of XSF are good and high quality people, yet
I suggest to take extra cautious measures in this concern, such as
not deprecating XEP-0016 until there are other XEPs that cover any
thing that user can do with XEP-0016.