[Standards] XEP 313 versions

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Wed Sep 16 19:38:23 UTC 2015

On 16 Sep 2015, at 20:08, Yann Leboulanger <asterix at lagaule.org> wrote:

> On 09/16/2015 08:59 PM, Kevin Smith wrote:
>> On 16 Sep 2015, at 19:32, Yann Leboulanger <asterix at lagaule.org> wrote:
>>> - Is it normal that the xmlns urn:xmpp:mam:0 is not updated from
>>> version to version? If a client support V0.3 and server implement V0.4,
>>> they think they can communicate, but in fact they can’t
>> I don’t believe there were any protocol changes between 0.3 and 0.4, I think they were all text updates and fixes to bugs in the examples. Why do you believe a 0.3 and 0.4 implementation can’t interop?
>>
>> /K
>
> According to diif tool [0] and to changelog, the final stanza is now a
> <iq> and no more a <message>

Something has gone wrong somewhere and a half-finished version has been published (0.4 isn’t ready to ship yet, I’m a version out). However, in the published version the message sentinel is still there, the only trace of it being an iq I can see is the changelog saying it’s changed, because we’d intended making that change before 0.4 was shipped. At quick glace, everything in the current pseudo-0.4 seems to be compatible with 0.3.

/K