[Standards] XMPP team activity

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 19:37:05 UTC 2015

Mon, 28 Sep 2015 15:50:20 +0200
Stefan Strigler <stefan.strigler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Compared to a non existent or proprietary standard?

Compared to Skype, compared to Whatsapp, compared to Viber, etc. You're
just unable to build Whatsapp-like service based on XMPP.

> That we are too slow?

Yes. I also think XSF is focusing on wrong stuff. Instead of fixing
existing problems I mentioned before, they are concentrating on minor
stuff like end-to-end encryption, pubsub and jingle.

As an example: Matrix addressed those problems from the very beginning,
I think building matrix based IM is a better solution at the moment
than using XMPP for the same purpose.