[Standards] NEW: XEP-0363 (HTTP File Upload)

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 00:02:29 UTC 2015

Thu, 24 Sep 2015 13:10:44 +0300
PG Stath <pgstath at gmail.com> wrote:

> In general I think that XMPP might be missing developers not because
> features are missing but because of non compatible extensions lists
> and extension implementations among different libraries, servers and
> applications.

Totally agreed. As a note, I think the list of deprecated XEPs should be
revised and a transition mechanism should be developed. The specs are:
1) Avatars: XEP-0084 vs XEP-0153
2) Time: XEP-0090 vs XEP-0202. Yes, there are still abandoned quite
popular clients with no support of XEP-0202.
3) Filetransfer. Tons of specs. The transition might be HTTP
Upload + jabber:x:oob, until Jingle specs are finalized.
4) MUC. Inventing MUC2 will result in the similar problems. The
transition will be painful due to MUC complexity.