[Standards] XMPP team activity

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Tue Sep 29 08:27:17 UTC 2015

> As an example: so I did an extension for ejabberd for image thumbnails,
> came here and asked the HTTP Upload author to improve the spec. And got
> a response like: "we don't need that":
> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2015-September/030314.html

You did not mention you have an implementation for that. Can you share your
implementation and a short description of the protocol?

That is very motivating. So for me implementation before
> standardization looks like waste of a time and resources, because you
> can always get responses like those.

I usually implement stuff first to scratch an itch and then try to
standardize that later on. This way I can make sure the standard I'm
proposing is actually working and doing what it is supposed to.

Otherwise you might end up having complex standards and no implementations.

cheers
Daniel