[Standards] XMPP team activity

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Tue Sep 29 08:50:31 UTC 2015

On Sep 29, 2015 10:44, "Christian Schudt" <christian.schudt at gmx.de> wrote:

> > Well it is still basically XMPP (plus a few proprietary extensions I'm
guessing) and a weird compression because they didn't like EXI or something.

> This was my thought as well. Isn't EXI supposed to solve the problem,
which FunXMPP is solving?
> Btw. I can't believe a few more bytes in tag names and attributes make
XMPP unsuitable. Does FunXMPP really solve a performance issue of XMPP, or
was that just a gut feeling of the WhatsApp devs

my guess is that it is just a traffic thing. they probably even speak xml
between their servers.
i mean whatsapp started out when 2g data connections where still common and
people where paying by the KiB