[Standards] Deprecating Privacy Lists

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Wed Sep 30 07:57:02 UTC 2015

Hi Sam,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:
> I've brought up reconciling privacy lists and the blocking command in
> the past [1], but the discussion faltered and it never went before the
> council. It was brought up as part of a recent discussion again [2],
> and I'd like to formally propose that it be deprecated.

Well, It's unfortunate, because XEP-0191 doesn't cover the following case
I'd consider important: it doesn't allow me to block all messages from
unknown contacts (contacts not in my roster). Recently, I received a
fair amount of
spam from random JIDs on public XMPP servers, so I had to block all
unknown JIDs. Is there any way to do that without privacy lists?

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan