[Standards] MIX

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Mon Aug 15 20:34:22 UTC 2016

On 15 Aug 2016, at 17:46, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> (Just so people know, I'm referring to the branch pull/225/head - ie,
> Github PR 225 - and the revision
> 87496453cd26086d35156add535bdb1d6d6a0c94)
>
> A couple of procedural comments:
> - This has been submitted by a new author, rather than either of the
> existing ones. In conversation with Ash Ward, we wondered whether this
> needs comments from the existing authors (PSA and Kev) before
> processing.

Yes, but it’s my intention to clean up the commits (squash them), recreate the PR with my author’s hat on, and merge them with my Editor’s hat on.

> - It also occurs to me that it probably needs an IPR sign-off.

I’m confident that the Editors can manage their usual process.

> - Furthermore, I note that the PR now has another PR against it
> pulled into it - this means there are multiple authors involved, and
> IPR signoff from both may be required. I'm not sure I like this way of
> working (read: I'm totally sure I don't).

I’ll be pulling Link Mauve’s commits back out so they can be resubmitted and processed normally.

/K