[Standards] XEP-0375 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2016) clarification

Mathieu Pasquet mathieui at mathieui.net
Sun Aug 28 19:34:55 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 02:22:48PM +0000, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> Version 0.3 of XEP-0375 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2016) has been released.
>
> Abstract:
>       This document defines XMPP protocol compliance levels for 2016.
>

> Changelog: [See revision history] (ssw)
>
> Diff: http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0375/diff/0.2/vs/0.3

Hi,

Could we get a footnote for User Avatar saying that clients having
specific restrictions (e.g. console clients like poezio, profanity,
mcabber, freetalk…, or dedicated clients, for example if someone makes a
client for blind people) do not have to implement it? It is obviously
possible to implement with some quirks, but much less relevant to the
users’ needs.

Also I would replace in the specific sentence “Only one of the
recommended providers must be implemented for compliance. ”, the use of
“must”, with “needs to”. Otherwise one could confuse it with having a
limitation of one provider for the service.

Thanks

--
Mathieu Pasquet (mathieui), poezio developer