[Standards] [Council] 2016-11-23 Council Meeting Minutes

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Fri Dec 2 08:38:06 UTC 2016

On 29 Nov 2016, at 12:25, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:

>> ## 6a) https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/204
>
> +1
> There has been some debate over where registry entries are actually
> defined and whether this additional form value should be defined in
> the XEP or directly in the registry.
> In general I think there are 3 different ways one could deal with
> registry entries.
> 1) Only the original XEP shall add new registry entries
> 2) Everyone can add new registry entries
> 3) Every XEP can add new registry entries.

Well, (1) doesn’t seem worthwhile, does it?  The point of a registry is to have a single place to find all entries - there’s little purpose in having a registry if all the values are defined in a single document already, it’s just indirection for the sake of it.

3 seems like the obvious default state, unless something is explicitly (2), and (1) never.

/K