[Standards] References and XHTML-IM interoperability

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Fri Dec 2 14:56:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 6:00 AM, Tobias Markmann
<tmarkmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> One approach would be requiring IDs on the tags you want to reference. This
> way the reference tag could simple refer to that ID, which naturally would
> be UUIDs.

I like this; it's simple, easy to implement, and does no more than is
necessary while still being sufficiently powerful to acomplish the
task at hand..

> Another would be XPath or XPointer to have the reference tag refer to the
> element from the root of the top-level-stanza.

I don't want to have to pull in another huge dependency to all my
projects or write something to parse yet another simplified DSL. This
approach isn't something I'd want to implementl; I'm allergic to
dependencies.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited