[Standards] MIX Status (0.6.1), review, and Brussels Summit

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Mon Dec 5 15:25:06 UTC 2016

I believe that the MIX specification as of 0.6.1 does not have any gaps or
editorial actions and that the specification is broadly coherent and
self-consistent.

Careful expert review and work on initial implementations is going to raise
issues that will lead to updates.

MIX will be on the agenda of the XMPP Summit in Brussels of 2/3 Feb 2017.
I hope that this meeting can be a focus to help resolve any open issues or
questions on MIX.

I would encourage review of MIX in December 2016.   This will enable:
   1.   Editorial and clarification detail to  be addressed before the
summit
   2.    We can gather a list of issues that need discussion.  Those unable
to attend the summit will be able to give input, and there will be time for
participants to reflect on what is needed.

The second half of January is NOT a good time for this review (and
flight/train to Brussels would be even worse).   Please can those intending
to review MIX plan to do this before the New Year

Steve