[Standards] MIX Subject and Room Info Nodes

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Mon Dec 5 15:55:25 UTC 2016

> Although I also support the removal, I think it might be needed for
backward
> compatibility with MUC spec, no?
[Steve Kille]

MUC and MIX are not inter-operable, so there is no fundamental requirement.

MIX has tried to do things in a similar way to MUC (where it makes sense).
A clear goal is to make it as easy as possible for client implementers
adding MIX support to a MUC client.

However, if we feel subject is no longer needed (and perhaps "channel
description" is more useful) then I think we are free to drop it.

The current MIX is not doing everything MUC does - in particular "voice" and
"password rooms" have been dropped

Steve