[Standards] XEP-0060: Pubsub - Questions and proposals

Jaussoin Timothée edhelas at movim.eu
Thu Dec 15 07:51:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm currently doing a more complete implementation of Pubsub in Movim
(affiliations and access-models management) and I have a couple of
questions.

5.4 Discover Node Metadata : I'd like to know if it's also possible to
expose pubsub#access_model here. I'd like to display in the UI of Movim
this information ("This node is private", "This node is open to
everyone"…). Will it bring security problems?

6.5.7 Requesting the Most Recent Items : "When max_items is used,
implementations SHOULD return the N most recent (as opposed to the N
oldest) items."
Here I'd like to know if the items are ordered by their creation date or
their last update date.
This difference is important to me because I'd like to know if I can
rely on this order to display the posts of Movim (which are logically
ordered by their creation date for now). If a user is making a small
edit months after the publication it will move the post in front of all
the others. This question could also apply to XEP-0059: Result Set
Management.

Regards,

Timothée Jaussoin