[Standards] Forward Subscribe in MIX

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Wed Feb 3 14:24:47 UTC 2016

When creating a user joins a MIX channel, the user requests subscription to one or more of the PubSub nodes associated with the
channel.

There is a note in the current draft that if a node does not exist, that the user may be forward subscribed, so that the user is
added to the node in the event that the node is created in the future.

This seems to be potentially pretty complex to support and not massive value, so I suggested that we drop this.   Kev thought it was
added for a reason, but doesn't remember why.

Did anyone have a specific reason for this?

Steve