[Standards] Multi-stage registrations

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Wed Feb 3 15:53:42 UTC 2016

> https://github.com/kontalk/specs/blob/master/register.md

This appears to be identical to my proposal, which gives me hope.  (Data
forms are certainly supported by XEP-0077 already, and would of course be
used more likely than the old fields on moders clients.  I think both should
be supported by servers for compatability, but this is not really relevant
to the particular issue of multi-stage support.)

So it seems there is more need in the world than just mine, and two
independently-developed but identical solutions.  Should we write up
a "real" XEP?

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted