[Standards] Multi-stage registrations

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Wed Feb 3 16:07:50 UTC 2016

> 1. data form fields (as in field names and/or multi-stage registration
> workflow?)
> 2. new top level elements (much like username and password <-- there
> should be kept for backwards compatibility of course, but adding new
> ones... I don't know)

Neither of the above is needed for my use case.  The existing standard
fields cover me just fine in either case.

> I have to say multi-stage registration is very unpredictable (e.g.
> registration through SMS, OTP device, public key, and who knows what
> else), so it would be hard to write a standard flexible enough IMO.

I'm only proposing that multi-stage be supported.  What fields are sent and
how the server interprets them will of course depend on what sort of
registration is being done, but that seems out of scope (and likely not
needed in most cases).

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted