[Standards] Fwd: Council Meeting 2016-02-03
sam at samwhited.com
Wed Feb 3 16:32:17 UTC 2016
Todays council minutes, FYI:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 10:31 AM
Subject: Council Meeting 2016-02-03
To: council at xmpp.org
# 2016-02-03 Council Meeting
## Roll call
## Add stamping requirements to Security Considerations
New XEPs that require that messages be "stamped" with a tag (eg. stanza-id,
delay, etc.) need security considerations to prevent spoofing and conflicts.
Servers should strip out any such stamps that claim to be from that server.
- Dave notes that this is missing a concrete proposal and may not be a solvable
- Kev notes that he suggested that council should be careful to check security
considerations when reviewing XEPs.
- PSA: "We could even write an equivalent of RFC 3552 for XMPP"
- Kev notes that DPI was mentioned as a solution at the summit, but he doesn't
- MattJ and Dave note that signing fixes the problem.
## Pubsub Account Management: Accept as Experimental
- psa +1
- Dave +1
- Tobias +1 (but notes that there needs to be fewer ???'s)
- Lance +1
- MattJ +1 (but notes that he's hesitant)
## Date of next
Editors note: I entered another meeting around this time and probably didn't
record things that should have been recorded. Please read the chat logs for
context around AOB.
- URI's — should these be an XEP/registrar thing or an RFC thing?
- Everyone agrees that an XEP is the place to start
More information about the Standards