[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Token-based reconnection

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Fri Feb 5 17:03:34 UTC 2016

Oops, hit send early. Another point:

> a regular XMPP authentication mechanism like SCRAM-SHA-1 or DIGEST-MD5

DIGEST-MD5 is old, broken, and we're having a hard enough time getting
rid of it as is. While I'm aware that this statement isn't an
endorsement of DIGEST-MD5 (I hope), I feel that we shouldn't reference
it in the hopes that it will eventually go away.

A bit of a nit pick, I know, but I'd like to remove the reference from
new XEPs lest someone reads it as a recommendation.

Best,
Sam

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 10:15 AM, XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> wrote:

> Title: Token-based reconnection
>
> Abstract: This specification defines a token-based session authentication mechanism similar to OAuth.

> The XMPP Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this proposal as an official XEP.

Sam Whited
pub 4096R/54083AE104EA7AD3
https://blog.samwhited.com