[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: References

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Mon Feb 8 11:20:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

Le vendredi 5 février 2016, 15:52:36 XMPP Extensions Editor a écrit :

> Title: References
>
> Abstract: This document defines XMPP protocol for multi-user chat for text
> messages and sharing other information such as images.   The protocol
> includes core chatroom features such as room topics and invitations and
> defines a strong room control model, including the ability to kick and ban
> users, to name room moderators and administrators, to require membership or
> passwords in order to join the room.  The protocol aims to maximise use of
> standard XMPP building blocks and in particular makes use of PubSub and
> MAM.

Why do we have the abstract of MIX here instead of the one of references ?

I think this XEP is a good move and will be usefull to complete URIs. I have
some points to discuss:

- the XEP talks about MIX and doesn't references it (ha-ha), a link to the MIX
XEP would help

- the XEP seems to *only* talk about MIX. Being a work in progress, it would
be nice to show examples with other use cases (PubSub node, MUC).

- how do we reference something without URI ? A message stanza for instance ?
How do we specify the id ?

- how begin/end attributes work when there are several bodies ? e.g.: XHTML-
IM: how to we references XHTML body ?

- how do we use begin/end attributes with <iq> stanza ? e.g. XEP-0277
microblog ?

Goffi