[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Token-based reconnection

Michal Piotrowski michal.piotrowski at erlang-solutions.com
Tue Feb 9 12:48:10 UTC 2016

Thanks for all the feedback. It's really valuable. This protoXEP
describes an implementation we already did and wanted to share and get
feedback. I also thought this matches some of the discussions we had
during the XMPP Summit 19.

After reading all responses I agree the solution as described here is
far from perfect and can be improved and we are open to do it.

I really like the idea of using tokens with XEP-0198 but that would
require some significant changes to XEP-0198 or creating a new
extension to XEP-0198.

Best regards
Michal Piotrowski
michal.piotrowski at erlang-solutions.com