[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: References

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Sun Feb 14 21:33:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to see this XEP support more or less arbitrary attributes like
content-type, content-length as well as resolution (x,y) for images and
videos as well as runtime for audio that can be used when referencing files
on HTTP hosts.

The twitter API on which this is based on does this as well.

Is this something that could be included in this XEP? And maybe have the
XEP include a list of some standard attributes and their meaning.

I've been planing to provide a way to annotate HTTP file links and I think
it would be great to implement this in the same XEP. (HTTP Upload and link
sharing is already seeing wide adoption (Conversations, gajim, monal,
xabber))

cheers
Daniel