[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Token-based reconnection

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Tue Feb 16 18:28:29 UTC 2016

On 14.02.2016 22:25, Daniel Gultsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I said this before but I'll say it again on public record. I like it a
> lot. It's very simple, straight forward and thus easy to implement. Both
> on the server as well as on the client side.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I believe the same to be true and this
was a major design principle of ISR.

> One comment regarding the isr:location attribute. It's not specified
> whether this will be a normal connection or a TLS connection.

It *is* specified (at least I tried to express this):

"""
Note that the hosts announced by the 'location' attribute qualified by
the 'urn:xmpp:isr:0' namespace MUST be connected to using Transport
Layer Security (TLS, see RFC 5246 [5]) from the beginning, i.e.
<starttls/> MUST NOT be used, instead the TLS Handshake is performed
right after establishing the connection.
"""

- Florian