[Standards] OX (OpenPGP for XMPP): A new OpenPGP XEP

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot linkmauve at linkmauve.fr
Fri Jan 8 02:04:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 02:37:17AM +0100, Emmanuel Gil Peyrot wrote:
[…]
> A possible candidate to replace the signcrypt, sign and crypt elements
> would be XEP-0297, to allow implementations to reuse the forwarded
> element as a root one.  The only missing thing would be the rpad one,
> and it could be added as a namespaced attribute on forwarded.

I forgot to point another issue I had, that is how much of the current
signcrypt’s attribute we want to leak in the wrapping
iq/message/presence.  The to, id and type attributes are pretty much
required, although the type could be optional on message, but then a
paragraph about what to do if they don’t match would be useful.

[…]

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot