[Standards] Questions regarding XEP-0066: Out of Band Data

vaibhav singh vaibhavsinghacads at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:50:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

I was looking at the process flow of sending Out of Band data, and was a
bit confused with the XEP. From what I gather, the client 1, If it has to
send a file to say, Client 2, will send an HTTP/FTP/WebDAV url in the oob
packet. But I could not get how the client is able to know where the file
is in the first place? Is it supposed to be a part of the OOB XEP, or some
other XEP? Can anyone point me to some other documentation which explains
the whole flow in detail, right from the client uploading the file to some
location to the actual transfer of the file?

--

Regards,
Vaibhav Singh