[Standards] Questions regarding XEP-0066: Out of Band Data

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Jul 14 11:01:21 UTC 2016

The OOB XEP assumes you already have an URL. It is bascially just a markup
to describe a given URL as being data.

So depending on your requirements you could for example upload the file to
Dropbox or Google Drive and then share the link.

Or if you want an XMPP way to upload a file to an HTTP host you can use
XEP-0363: HTTP Upload.