[Standards] Expanding XMPP Registrar Services

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jun 1 15:17:48 UTC 2016

Maybe we should fix https://github.com/xsf/xmpp.org/issues/194 first!

> I think this is a great idea, despite it having the potential to
> increase effort further.

IANA allows early allocation and we could follow that model.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-15#section-3.4

Some IANA registries also allow provisional registrations, for instance:

Traditionally we haven't registered things until they were standardized
(Draft XEPs), although I'll note that over in the IETF folks have
started to follow a less strict model and that might make sense here too.