[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0313 (Message Archive Management)

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Sun Jun 12 11:39:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm bumping this thread since it hasn't yielded too many responses since I
originally voiced my concerns.

To briefly summarize the matter again.
1) XEP-0313 Section 5.1.2 describes a way for a server to inject the
original / real jid into MUC messages.
2) This is a very useful addition to the spec in principal, however…
3) As a client I can't trust this information without a namespace bump.

This means I would love to implement this in my client but I can't.

So I would strongly suggest to bump the namespace on MAM ASAP. However
bumping namespaces is not something we should do lightly and we should
consider doing other changes as well like the stanza-ids that have been
proposed over a year ago and are generally considered a good idea?

cheers
Daniel