[Standards] Let's put "Instant Stream Resumption" back on Council's table

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sat Jun 18 20:19:38 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:
> I don't think that is true at all. SASL authenticates an account,
> whereas ISR authenticates a stream resumption.

I'm not sure that there's any value in distinguishing between the two:
authentication is authentication and you're authenticating a user
either way; it doesn't matter if it's while creating a session or
while resuming an existing session. We already have a mechanism for
auth, so we should reuse it instead of reinventing the wheel.

—Sam