[Standards] Stalled Pull Requests waiting on XEP authors

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Sun Mar 13 18:00:35 UTC 2016

Le dimanche 13 mars 2016, 12:08:44 Sam Whited a écrit :
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:
> > It has been 6 months since the GitHub Pull Requests #97, #84, #82, and
> > #41 have been issued on XSF's 'xeps' repo.
> > …
> > There are so many great people who work for free in their spare time on
> > XMPP and believe in the idea of XMPP. It can only work if we work
> > together.
>
> Does that mean you volunteer as official issue tracker? :)
>
> On a serious note, this is something tooling can help with. I'd be
> happy to set up an XEP editor Jira or Trello or
> your-favorite-Kanban-esq-software board (or work on a better GitHub
> workflow, but I'm not convinced the GitHub issue tracker is really
> suitable for anything more than basic bug reporting).
>
> —Sam

Why those issues don't appear on standard@ ? I'm not on github, and I'm really
annoyed to see more and more discussions happening there while the standard@
list is supposed to be the central communication point about XEPs.
If really people have to use this platform, it would be nice to have a least a
bot to send the issues on standard@, so we don't have to look at different
places to know what's happening.

++
Goffi