[Standards] Which MIME type to use ?

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Sun Mar 20 22:01:48 UTC 2016

Hello,

for our XMPP based static blog ( e.g.
http://www.goffi.org/blog/goffi/71eaf561-3f89-4fa5-8bc9-82af76229384 ) I'm
adding a <link rel="alternate" ...> element to point to the xmpp: URI.

I'm wondering which MIME type should be used here, I first found the MIME type
"application/xmpp+xml" defined in
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3923#section-10 but it's not really adapted to
this case.

Actually after a quick discussion on the subject (thanks Link Mauve!), we
found that the content being based on XEP-0277 (which is Atom based), the
application/atom+xml type would be more adapted.

I would like to have some input from the community here, which MIME type do
you think would make sense to for an alternate link to a xmpp: URI linking to
a PubSub node?

Thanks
Goffi