[Standards] A new SASL Profile strawman

Adam Roach adam at nostrum.com
Wed May 4 16:08:19 UTC 2016

Dave Cridland wrote:

> Since then I've found some fo these might be being addressed by work Adam
> Roach and Matthew Miller are doing, so I thought I'd jot down a very
> ill-thought-through design - it may very well be that Adam/M&M's design is
> far superior, or it may be that we can borrow from each other to produce
> something else. I'm not expecting this to be anything more than a
> discussion starter.

To be clear: in my earlier comment, I meant to convey that we were
working in the general space of XMPP security, not with authentication
in particular. We don't have a proposal that fills the same niche you're
looking at. :)

Some of our discussions have dealt with pseudonyms and anonymous
identifiers, which may interact with what you're thinking of doing (I
actually haven't had time to look at it yet); and it was on that front
that I thought we should maybe touch base.

I'll be sure to ping you when we start moving the ball forward again.

/a