[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: XMPP Compliance Suites 2016

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:09:47 UTC 2016

On 10 May 2016 at 20:28, Thijs Alkemade <me at thijsalkema.de> wrote:

>> On 28 apr. 2016, at 08:35, XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> wrote:
>>
>> The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
>>
>> Title: XMPP Compliance Suites 2016

> I don't really understand the point of CSI being required for Advanced Client.
> Do non-mobile clients have to implement it and never send <inactive/>? Or do
> servers have to disable all optimizations because enabling CSI is no longer an
> implicit "I'm a mobile client with my screen off"?

I don't think there's anything that makes CSI mobile-only. If I had a
laptop on battery and tethered, I would care about the resource
consumption of my desktop client as much as I'd care about a mobile
client. I would expect it to send <inactive/> when all its windows are
hidden (e.g. minimized) or if my computer screen is locked, etc.

Regards,
Matthew