[Standards] A MIX Tape of suggestions.

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon May 23 12:11:26 UTC 2016

On 23 May 2016 at 12:45, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mon, 23 May 2016 12:28:11 +0100
> Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
>
> > I'd really like to avoid the overhead of '60 syntax where this makes
> > sense.
>
> But in this case you cannot re-use existing pubsub framework at least
> server-wise (not sure about clients).

Not verbatim, no - but you can reuse the code. In my case, I'm reusing
Openfire's PEPService code for MIX, and it's working out fine.

On the other hand, losing <presence/> handling would degrade presence, and
encapsulating <message/> would mean that things like hints, security
labels, and other metadata require special handling throughout.