[Standards] XEP-0050 xml inconsistency

Anno van Vliet anno at west.nl
Wed Nov 23 14:52:46 UTC 2016

In the process of integrating the use of an Ad Hoc Command in my XMPP client, I stumbled on an inconsistency/misunderstanding between the client library (Smack) and the XMPP server i'm using (MLink).
After reading the XEP it is clear that the inconsistency is also in the XEP standard itself.

paragraph 4.3 <note/> Element states clearly that the type attribute is optional with "info" as a default.
However in the 8. XML Schema The attribute is defined as :
   <xs:attribute name='type' use='required'>
without a default.

Please correct me if I am wrong,
with kind regards