[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0369 (Mediated Information eXchange (MIX))

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Fri Sep 2 15:54:16 UTC 2016

Georg,

I took an editorial action in my response to this message

> > 3. Message tracking
> > ===================
> >
> > Initially, MIX messages were going to be handled like pubsub events.
> > The text in §5.1.11 still claims so (I suppose this is an overlooked remnant).
[Steve Kille]

Fixed.

> Example 30 shows a regular message with a rewritten 'id'.
> [Steve Kille]
> >
> > I'm still strongly in favor of having a stable way for a client to identify a
> reflection of an outgoing message, as discussed in [0].
> > If we use MAM, reflected messages should be identified by their MAM
> > archive id, allowing for a later follow-up sync. However, client-
> > originated messages are not identifiable with this approach, and it would
> be great to have the original packet ID reflected, or at least an additional
> element with the original packet ID, so that the client can mark the message
> as "delivered".
> [Steve Kille]
>
> I'd welcome a detailed proposal on how to address this

[Steve Kille]

This came up in Dave's comments.  I have amplified the QUESTION in the current draft, to make sure we consider this properly.

Changes to reflect this made and pushed (to my Git repsository for now, and public one in due course)

Thanks for your input

Steve