[Standards] PAM Source Selection

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Wed Sep 7 11:06:40 UTC 2016

* Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com> [2016-09-07 11:28]:
> I think there’s two blocks of data. One is capabilities, which we
> already have a mechanism for sorting out, so I think it’d make sense
> to re-use here (and this is already public).

+1 to that.

> The second is the effective blocklist. It’s clear this shouldn’t go
> into presence.
>
> Perhaps the ‘blocklist’ stanza can come first, so the blocklists are
> prepopulated for the session when presence is then (immediately,
> presumably) received and the capability-based stuff kicks in.

That would work well if the 'blocklist' is sent explicitly. If we use a
caps-like mechanism for blocklist maintenance, we get into crazy
situations when PAM can't immediately resolve the blocklist hash, but
the presence has arrived at the server already.

If we use an explicit blocklist, everything should be fine, I suppose.

Georg