[Standards] Deprecating Message Archiving

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:17:21 UTC 2016

On 19 September 2016 at 18:09, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:
> I think it's to early to deprecate Message Archiving while MAM is just
> experimental. That said, I suggest adding a disclaimer to Message Archiving
> stating that new installations should consider MAM instead.

Agree. Also there are things that XEP-0136 supports that XEP-0313
intentionally doesn't, but I've encountered people who really really
want those things. It has parallels to the XEP-0016 vs. XEP-0191
debate :)

In theory you could have both archive protocols accessing the same
store (with some limitations)

Regards,
Matthew