[Standards] Deprecating Message Archiving

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Mon Sep 26 22:37:12 UTC 2016

On 19 Sep 2016, at 18:09, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:
> I think it's to early to deprecate Message Archiving while MAM is just experimental. That said, I suggest adding a disclaimer to Message Archiving stating that new installations should consider MAM instead.

I think that while it’s too early to deprecate 136 or not, a disclaimer than MAM is the right thing to be using instead would be sensible.
Of course, if we think MAM’s ready to use instead, that probably speaks to advancing it to draft.

Let’s start with a notice on 136 saying that we anticipate 313 replacing it.

/K