[Standards] Call for participation for a XMPP-based EU Funded project on data portability

Timothée Jaussoin edhelas at movim.eu
Fri Aug 18 09:22:37 UTC 2017

Hi Sam,

I notified the responsible at the Fraunhofer institute and they gives me some complementary feedbacks regarding the role of the XSF in
the EAB.

    Regarding their role: We would organize 2 Workshops - one at the
    beginning and one when we already have a first version of the prototype.
    We invite the EAB to discuss the projects ideas and outcomes and to get
    feedback from them. To take part, the EAB members do not need to prepare
    anything for the workshop (they do not need to hold a presentation, only
    if they would wish to -- then they would of course be very welcome to do
    so), joining the workshops is enough. The letter of Intent only holds a
    specific name of one of the XSF-members for contact purposes. This does
    not mean, that the person who signs the letter of intent on behalf of
    the XSF needs to join the meeting himself. It also does not need to be
    the same person that is joining the two workshops.
    We would pay for the planeticket (within Europe) and hotel for the
    person that represents XSF on the two workshops.

Basically the idea of the EAB is only to attend those two meetings and "advise" the members of the project regarding what has been
discussed. In the case of the XSF within this project, it's mostly to give feedbacks on the usage of XMPP as a reference protocol for
the GDPR (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation), this will cover usages like social networking (so Pubsub
related), user data (vCard, avatar, PEP) and possibly IoT.

We would need a signature for the letter of intent before we give the proposal (so next week).

Kind regards,

Timothée Jaussoin