[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0363 (HTTP File Upload)

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 10:36:24 UTC 2017

Mon, 4 Dec 2017 11:18:27 +0100
Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:

> For changes that are are not backwards compatible.

You can set <retry xmlns='jabber:client'/> then and this will
also be "backwards compatible". Also, as I said, I can use <retry/>
within the same HTTP-Upload namespace, but with other semantics.
Because why not? It's backward compatible for me.

> While I am a fan of validation, for the reasons mentioned, I don't
> think that the approach you are going with the server side validator,
> as far as I understand it, is possible, needed nor a good idea.

Well, I think the idea is good under some circumstances. If you don't
like the idea, don't enable validation.