[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0363 (HTTP File Upload)

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Mon Dec 4 10:45:31 UTC 2017

> On 04.12.2017 09:53, Daniel Gultsch wrote:
>> I was considering to just move it up by one level. Validation may or
>> may not be an issue but I figured some libraries won't have a
>> getExtension or getChildren method on the error class if they don't
>> expect the class to have children.
>> Are there any other examples of XEPs 'extending' the error element?
>
> It is perfectly fine where it is. See RFC 6120 § 8.3.2. and/or search for
>
> [OPTIONAL application-specific condition element]

Yes you are correct of course. In fact there is another example of the
same XEP doing this just a few lines above.

cheers
Daniel

P.S.: Maybe the misunderstanding with Evgeny comes from the fact that
<retry/> is not exactly a 'condition' but an instructing. And
something as general as <retry/> could probably be generalized for all
errors of type wait.
None the less this is valid XMPP.