[Standards] CSI and Carbons state after SM resumption

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Tue Feb 7 04:50:48 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 3:53 AM, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com> wrote:
> And do I have privacy list with another entity? Private XML storage? In
> more general, why couldn't an external component maintain my CSI state
> via XEP-0356?

I think the difference is that CSI is a part of the session state,
which should always stay with the server (in my mind), while a roster
is just a "list" that we're requesting (and is more or less
independant of the session). However, your argument is fair, if we
think it makes sense for multiple entities to handle CSI, maybe an IQ
is the correct choice.

—Sam