[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0280 (Message Carbons)

Ruslan N. Marchenko me at ruff.mobi
Sun Feb 12 15:31:55 UTC 2017

On 09.02.2017 00:07, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0280 (Message Carbons).
>
> Abstract: In order to keep all IM clients for a user engaged in a conversation, outbound messages are carbon-copied to all interested resources.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2017-02-22.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?
yes
> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?
yes
> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?
yes
no
No, the no-copy use is ambiguous. Are private and no-copy equivalent?
Are they complementing each other? what is the server behaviour when
only one of them is provided?
I personally am in favour of <private/> order for owner and no-copy hint
for remote party. And then - should server always strip <private/>
before routing? Should it replace it with <no-copy/> hint?